This blog was created for busy, working or stay-at-home Moms who just want to put a good meal on the table each night. We love our families, and wanted to share with each other our ideas. Know what else we love? Your comments! If you try a recipe, or just have something to say, please let us know. Enjoy your time on our little slice of blogland!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Freezer Meals

We are going to give this blog another shot. I decided if my family wanted to eat, and I don't mean $5 pizzas every night, this school year we needed to do some freezer meals. You see, I am not a fan of cooking. GASP!!! I know, huh! I hate thinking of what to make, finding the ingredients...all over the house, and then the mess of cooking. Don't even get me started on setting the table, then cleaning off the table, and then still having to clean the kitchen. EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT! So, we are going to try this for awhile and see how it goes.


As I do new recipes, Iwill try to put them up on the blog. If you want to contribute to this blog, let me know. We'll talk! I will try to give credit where credit is due, because we all know we love to "steal" each others recipes. I have no problems with you "stealing" mine, but the same goes, please give credit where credit is due.


Mmmmkay??? Sound Good??? Okay! Let's get started!!


I chose 7 recipes this week, and was planning on making 14 meals, so 2 of each. We ended up with more than that, and I'm not sure I will ever learn how to really measure out the right amounts of ingredients.


The recipes I chose were:

Meatballs
Poatoes/Gravy


Tacos


Chicken Enchiladas


Cornflake Chicken


Cornbread Turkey Casserole


Cheddar Turkey Bake


Ham & Cheese Braid


So, here's my confession: I chickened out and called my Mom in to help me. We decided to do the hamburger recipes together, and then order the chicen from feastoffriendship.com this next Tuesday and then do the chicken recipes when we get that chicken. I had pulled out all of my meat the night before, so I did the taco meat (which turned into an awesome new recipe of taco burritos), the meatballs, and baked my chicken. Then I came back home and took my cooked chicken and made my enchiladas. I cooked my turkey last night as well and will do my turkey casseroles tonight. I used the bread for cinnamon rolls, because sometimes you just need to trash your kitchen with your kids. :) And then, I used the one loaf of bread and made the ham/cheese braid for dinner tonight. Whew!!! I'm exhausted just talking about it all.


I did end up with about 20 meals in all, and I haven't done the cornflake chicken yet. The good news: MOST OF MY FAMILY LOVED IT ALL!!!

So, now your job is to let me know what you try or don't try, and what worked for your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment